We are looking to hire an Executive Producer to lead Sowt’s next big push and produce multiple original shows and for clients, including creative drama series, investigations and a new news show.
This position will play a leading role in our work and the future direction of the organization. The ideal candidate would have experience in audio/video, script writing, be excited about producing innovative digital audio storytelling.
This is a senior level position for those with significant experience (10 + years) of production, video, production and/or audio. The EP will report to the executive director and manage a team of roughly 6-8 producers, senior producers and sound designers.
We are less interested in experience and degrees and more interested in a proven ability and a drive to create the best digital Arabic audio content possible. We work with a number of partners and organizations and often need to juggle multiple projects.
Specifically, the Executive Producer would need to have the following qualifications, centered around the following containers:
- Editorial - produce compelling texts and scripts (Required)
- Script writing, ninja editor, and excellent story sniffer
- Manage the production process of multiple shows, working with multiple talents
- Work with journalists in their natural habitat
- Review and workshop shows, ideas and concepts with a growing number of external clients and projects
- Work in both Arabic and English
- Human - be able to work closely with an eclectic group of humans (Required)
- Lead a growing team of 12+ full time employees and hundreds of freelancers
- Have a large existing network of journalists and producers in the region
- Manage multiple sound engineers
- Manage production schedules and budgets in coordination with the program manager
- Juggle GSuite, Trello, email, Slack, Whatsapp and whatev new tools will exist
- Production (Required)
- Know your way around Audition/Pro Tools/Logic Pro
- Work with microphones, mixers and general studio equipment
Location: The ideal location would be our recently expanded office in Amman, Jordan. For the exceptional candidate, we’ll consider remote work.
To apply, send a CV and letter of interest to: [email protected]